- 2.5 mil of computer controlled powder coat is applied over zinc plating and chromate sealer.
- Unique polyester powder formulation resists harmful UV rays and chemical breakdown.
- Automated process ensures a consistent color match from batch to batch.
- POWDERFUL is completely free of volatile organic compounds (VOC), and is entirely recyclable.
- There are 35 standard colors that match high volume metal panel paint colors.
- 5/16” Cupped HWH is manufactured from a strong ZAMAC zinc-aluminum alloy, The head is molded. It is not a cap. The molded head encapsulates the EPDM washer, which fits neatly and conforms to the inside of the mold.
- Head and washer face carry a 40 year warranty against red rust.
- ZXL is proudly molded in the USA.
- Head & washer face carry a 40 year warranty against red rust.
- The ZXL is proudly molded in the USA.
- Lifetime 40 Year Warranty Long Life Fastener.
- Type AB fasteners are designed to attach long-life roof panels such as GALVALUME that are used in pre-engineered metal building application. Type A fasteners are designed for use in wood framed buildings.
- Fasteners are also used in retrofit applications in which existing screws have stripped/backed out & need to be replaced with a larger diameter.
- 5/16” Cupped HWH ZAMAC Zinc-Aluminum Alloy provides lifetime protection against red rust on the head & washer face. A written warranty is available upon request.
- The head & washer face captures the rubber EPDM washer even when driven at an angle & are designed to maximize Pull over strength.
FOR PROPER INSTALLATION, THE USE OF IMPACT DRIVERS ARE NOT RECOMMENDED FOR POWDER COATED OR ANY WET PAINTED FASTENER.
PULLOUT & PULLOVER VALUES ARE DETERMINED IN THE ST FASTENING SYSTEMS ENGINEERING LABORATORY USING STEEL PANELS/FRAMING & WOOD DENSITIES WHOSE STRUCTURAL PROPERTIES ARE FOUND IN PRESENT DAY PRODUCTS.
|1/4-14 x 3/4” AB||2000||18.2|
|1/4-14 x 1” AB||2000||19.6|
|1/4-14 x 1-1/4” AB||2000||21.0|
|17-14 x 1” AB||1500||23.0|
|HEAD STYLE||5/16" CHWH AB||5/16" CHWH AB|
|DRILL POINT||30° SHARP POINT||45° SHARP POINT|
|MINOR DIAMETER||.192/.185||.220 NOM.|
|WASHER FACE DIAMETER||.630||.630|
|HEAD ACROSS FLATS||NOM .312"||NOM .312"|
|ULT. TENSILE STRENGTH||2240 LBS.||2240 LBS.|
|MIN. TORSIONAL STRENGTH||150 IN-LBS.||220 NOM.|
|NOM. SHEAR STRENGTH||2850 LBS.||3952 LBS.|
|HRS PRIME ONLY 1/4-14||16||.060||1181|
|HRS PRIME ONLY 1/4-14||14||.075||1265|
|HRS PRIME ONLY 1/4-14||12||.105||2143|
|G-90 GALVANIZED 1/4-14||18||.048||1055|
|G-90 GALVANIZED 1/4-14||16||.060||1073|
|G-90 GALVANIZED 1/4-14||14||.075||1396|
|G-90 GALVANIZED 1/4-14||12||.105||1774|
|HRS PRIME ONLY 17-14||16||.060||1409|
|HRS PRIME ONLY 17-14||14||.075||1429|
|HRS PRIME ONLY 17-14||12||.105||2128|
|G-90 GALVANIZED 17-14||18||.048||1119|
|1/4-14 (.630 DIA)||29||.014||886|
|1/4-14 (.630 DIA)||26||.018||1287|
|1/4-14 (.630 DIA)||24||.024||1572|
|1/4-14 (.630 DIA)||22||.030||2029|
|17-14 (.630 DIA)||29||.014||696|
|17-14 (.630 DIA)||26||.018||1101|
|17-14 (.630 DIA)||24||.024||1205|
|17-14 (.630 DIA)||22||.030||1446|
- HRS (Hot Rolled Steel)
- Pull over values calculated with EPDM rubber washer assembled to cupped head screw with .630” washer face.
- All strength values shown are ultimate values, express in LBS. Apply an appropriate safety factor to obtain design limits.
- ** The value tabulated is the force at which the ZXL head breaks from the carbon steel body.