- 2.5 mil of computer controlled powder coat is applied over zinc plating and chromate sealer.
- Unique polyester powder formulation resists harmful UV rays and chemical breakdown.
- Automated process ensures a consistent color match from batch to batch.
- POWDERFUL is completely free of volatile organic compounds (VOC), and is entirely recyclable.
- There are 35 standard colors that match high volume metal panel paint colors.
KS V-NECK™ Head Design
- HWH with V-neck design adds strength to prevent head twist off under extreme torque.
- UV resistant EPDM rubber is vulcanized to a G-90 steel backed washer to provide maximum sealing ability, which prevents leaks, even when drilled at an angle.
- High tensile steel washer provides excellent pullover strength.
- ST MAGNETIC SOCKETS are designed with an advanced forging process to fit the painted fastener securely, which helps to prevent fastener wobble upon installation.
KS LO-ROOT™ Thread Design
- Fastener thread transitions from fine to coarse. The low root design provides excellent pullout strength versus traditional or HI-LO thread forms.
- Drill point design consistently penetrates metal panels, which eliminates the need to “punch” the metal panels with a sharp point to start the drilling process.
- MB point is excellent for penetrating multiple thicknesses of steel often found on ridge cap or trim applications.
ALL UNPAINTED WOODBINDER MB FASTENERS COME STANDARD WITH DURASEAL® PLUS ENHANCED CORROSION RESISTANCE COATING.
FOR PROPER INSTALLATION, THE USE OF IMPACT DRIVERS ARE NOT RECOMMENDED FOR POWDER COATED OR ANY WET PAINTED FASTENER.
PULLOUT & PULLOVER VALUES ARE DETERMINED IN THE ST FASTENING SYSTEMS ENGINEERING LABORATORY USING STEEL PANELS/FRAMING & WOOD DENSITIES WHOSE STRUCTURAL PROPERTIES ARE FOUND IN PRESENT DAY PRODUCTS.
THE MB MICRO-BIT POINT MAY GENERATE SMALL METAL SHAVINGS UPON INSTALLATION. IT IS RECOMMENDED TO CLEAN/SWEEP THE METAL PANELS AFTER INSTALLATION TO PREVENT PREMATURE RUST SPECKS.
|10 X 1"||3000||7.8|
|10 X 1-1/2"||2500||9.9|
|10 X 2"||2000||12.2|
|10 X 2-1/2"||1500||14.3|
|10 X 3"||1000||16.3|
|12 X 3/4" STITCH||2500||8.8|
|KWIKSEAL MB||KWIKSEAL MB STITCH|
|HEAD STYLE||1/4” HWH||1/4” HWH|
|HEAD ACROSS FLATS||NOM .250||NOM .250|
|ULT. TENSILE STRENGTH||1904 LBS.||2900 LBS.|
|MIN. TORSIONAL STRENGTH||56 IN.-LBS.||88 IN.-LBS.|
|NOM. SHEAR STRENGTH||1547 LBS.||1962 LBS.|
|SUBSTRATE||PENETRATION||10-16/8 VALUE||STITCH VALUE|
|2 X Y. PINE*||1”||713||N/A|
|2 X Y. PINE*||1/2"||N/A||N/A|
|2 X Y. PINE*||1 1/2"||1526||495|
|2 X SPF*||1”||466||N/A|
|2 X SPF*||1 1/2"||1216||N/A|
|2 X SPF*||1/2"||N/A||162|
* Y.PINE (Yellow Pine) * SPF (Spruce Pine Fir)
|SUBSTRATE||GAUGE||THICKNESS||10-16/8 VALUE||STITCH VALUE|
NOTES: *w/ 12mm bonded washer
- All strength values shown are ultimate values, expressed in LBS. Apply an appropriate safety factor to obtain design limits.