- 2.5 mil of computer controlled powder coat is applied over zinc plating and chromate sealer.
- Unique polyester powder formulation resists harmful UV rays and chemical breakdown.
- Automated process ensures a consistent color match from batch to batch.
- POWDERFUL is completely free of volatile organic compounds (VOC), and is entirely recyclable.
- There are 35 standard colors that match high volume metal panel paint colors.
KS V-NECK™ Head Design
- HWH with V-neck design adds strength to prevent head twist off under extreme torque.
- UV resistant EPDM rubber is vulcanized to a G-90 steel backed washer to provide maximum sealing ability, which prevents leaks, even when drilled at an angle.
- High tensile steel washer provides excellent pullover strength.
- ST MAGNETIC SOCKETS are designed with an advanced forging process to fit the painted fastener securely, which helps to prevent fastener wobble upon installation.
STRIP-LOC™ POINT TO THREAD
- Unique threads are designed to fasten metal panels to light density wood product like OSB.
- Strip-Loc grips the fibers of the OSB in a way that reduces strip out.
- Paired with Type 17 Point the fastener is a cost effective rescue screw for stripped out nails and screw out of OSB.
Pullout & pullover values are determined in the st fastening systems engineering laboratory & based upon wood densities found in present day wood products.
Technical data provided herein is to be used as a guide for typical strength characteristics only.
All strength values shown are ultimate values, expressed in pounds.
An appropriate factor of safety must be applied by the user to obtain allowable limits for design.
|SIZE||Head Style||CARTON QTY.||WEIGHT/M|
|12 X 3/4"||HEX||2500||8.0|
|12 X 1-1/2"||HEX||2500||10.1|
|#12 TYPE !7|
|DRILL POINT||Sharp Point|
|HEAD ACROSS FLATS||NOM .250|
|ULT. TENSILE STRENGTH||2450 LBS.|
|MIN. TORSIONAL STRENGTH||65 IN.-LBS.|
|NOM. SHEAR STRENGTH||2100 LBS.|
|HRS Primed Only||.060||N/A|
|HRS Primed Only||.075||N/A|
|HRS Primed Only||.105||N/A|
|3/4” PLY||1 1/2”||585|
|5/8” PLY||1 1/2”||588|
|1/2” PLY||1 1/2”||390|
|7/16” OSB||1 1/2”||212|
|2 X Y. PINE*||3/4"||438|
|2 X Y. PINE*||1 1/2”||1090|
|2 X SPF*||3/4"||378|
|2 X SPF*||1 1/2”||739|
|AZ55 Galvalume BONDED WASHER (14mm)||29||.015||378|
|AZ55 Galvalume BONDED WASHER (14mm)||26||.019||629|
|AZ55 Galvalume BONDED WASHER (14mm)||24||.024||721|
|AZ55 Galvalume BONDED WASHER (14mm)||22||.032||N/A|
1. 1-1 /2” LENGTH FULLY PENETRATES OSB AND PLYWOOD SHEETING
2. 26 AND 29 GA. VALUES SHOWN WERE OBTAINED USING 80 KSI STEEL SHEETING. 24, 22, AND 20 GA. VALUES WERE OBTAINED USING 50 KSI MINIMUM STEEL SHEETING.
3. BMT DENOTES BASE METAL THICKNESS AFTER REMOVAL OF PAINT FINISH AND METALLIC PROTECTIVE COATING.